Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hot time in the summertime?

Last week we were freezing, this week we'll be boiling!  The berries do NOT like extreme heat.  Jeff is trying to keep them cool by underground irrigation early every morning.  That's about all we can do to keep them happy and producing.  The other alternative is overhead sprinklers - but I don't think our visitors would be too happy picking strawberries AND getting a shower at the same time!


We've had a lot of fun recently with many families visiting the farm and Murray State International students came for our one and only field trip of the year.  Here are some great pictures they sent us!


Oh, did you notice I added a bunch of my favorite summer songs to the top of my playlist?


The group in front of our new sign
Now he's a seasoned tractor driver!  He took the students on a hay ride.



This is one of the sweetest pictures I've seen!
A happy strawberry family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment